Adber is a small hamlet with no church in the parish of Trent. It has a few rather austere stone cottages and farm buildings, and good views over Somerset.

The name was recorded as Eatan  beares in a later copy of a 956 AD Anglo-Saxon charter. Ateberie, Ettebere in the Domesday Book of 1086 and in 1429 as Adebere.  It means the 'Gove belonging to a man named Eata', from Old English bearu and an Old English personal name

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page