|Kingston Lacy House, situated in a
large park between Wimborne and Badbury Rings has been transformed into
a treasure house by the National Trust and the public is now able to
share in its beauty.
present mansion was built by architect Sir Roger Pratt for Sir Ralph
Bankes in 1663. It was quite a contrast to his fathers residence at
nearby Corfe Castle. In the 1830's the house was modified for W.J.
Banks, a friend of Byron, and extensive alterations were carried out
inside. A grey stone church was added in 1907 dedicated to St. Stephen.