Plush is a tiny hamlet, perfectly sited amongst the downs, with an isolated and remote atmosphere. Although not always as quiet as one might expect due to the popularity of the local inn, The Brace of Pheasants, as a good place to eat.

The little church at Plush was designed by Benjamin Ferry in 1848, and is prettier outside than in. All the fittings are from this period, apart from a 12th century font.

Back
Monitor page
for changes
    
   it's private   

by ChangeDetection

2000 The Dorset Page